Thursday, March 14, 2013

Socrates and Marijuana


Today in class we examined the famous painting called The Death of Socrates. We talked about how almost everything in the painting leads to him and what some of the thing places in the painting meant. After a long discussion about the painting we had a long discussion about whether we should legalize marijuana or not. I really liked the whole idea of picking a topic and just talking about how we feel towards the subject. I think it is something we should do every once in a while so we can let our brains think freely but still learn and understand what is going on, the classes also stay very engaged with what is going on in class during these discussions. I though our class ended up having very interesting discussions and we all understood and questioned each other. We also talked about a religion that believes a giant flying spaghetti monster created the earth. To me I think that is very strange and crazy, but others might think that about my religion so there is nothing I could do or say about that religion without having someone come back at me about beliefs in my religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment